Mineral depletion can lead to muscle cramping, so eating foods rich in minerals can help prevent muscle cramps. Baobab fruit is high in key minerals thought to play a critical role in relieving muscle cramps: potassium, calcium, and magnesium. Paired with the electrolytes found in coconut water, this tonic is perfect for athletes and highly active individuals.
Muscle Cramp Relief Tonic [Vegan]
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut water
- 1/4 cup lite canned coconut milk
- 1 medium orange, peeled
- 2 tablespoons baobab fruit powder
- Ice, as needed
- Place all ingredients except ice in a large blender.
- Blend the ingredients on high until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Fill a large glass with ice and pour the drink over the ice.
- Consume immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.