An easy Asian-inspired soup with tofu to fill you up. plain tofu can sometimes be kind of bland (sorry, tofu, but it’s true). In this recipe, however, the neutral taste of tofu plays well against the miso and garlic. Hooray for an old vegan staple!
Garlic Miso and Onion Soup [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Garlic Miso and Onion Soup [Vegan]
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (1-pound) block silken tofu, diced
- 1⁄3 cup miso
How to Prepare Garlic Miso and Onion Soup [Vegan]
- Combine all ingredients except miso in a large stockpot over medium-high heat, and bring to a simmer (liquid should be moving, but no bubbles should be forming). Cook for 12 minutes.
- Add miso. Simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes until miso is dissolved all the way through. And you’re finished!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 143 | Carbs: 14 g | Fat: 6 g | Protein: 10 g | Sodium: 1,368 mg | Sugar: 4 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.