If you didn’t think avocado toast could get any better, it just did! You can eat this for lunch often as you want, plus as it’s easy to scale down (or up!). With such a short ingredient list, you’ll be amazed at how delicious this is!
Garlicky White Bean Avocado Toast with BBQ Drizzle [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained and rinsed (or 1½ cups cooked beans)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Pinch of black pepper, or to taste
- 2 avocados, peeled and pits removed
- 4 slices hearty whole-grain bread, toasted (gluten-free, if desired)
- Store-bought BBQ sauce
- Hemp seeds, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a small skillet. Add the garlic.
- Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes; watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn and turn down the heat a bit if necessary. Add the cannellini beans, oregano, salt, and pepper and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes until hot.
- To serve: Mash 1/2 of an avocado on each slice of toast. Spoon one-quarter of the bean mixture over the mashed avocado on each slice. Drizzle with BBQ sauce and sprinkle with hemp seeds.
If you have kids in the kitchen, have the kids drain and rinse the beans, mash the avocado, and toast the bread.