These nut-free treats are really easy to make, and they can be packed with whatever ingredients you like! The dates are a wholesome natural sweetener, and when paired with a liquid sweetener, the dry ingredients stick together to form a slab of seedy goodness. These can be enjoyed on the go, such as on a hiking trip.
Super-Seedy Muesli Bars [Vegan, Nut-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Super-Seedy Muesli Bars [Vegan, Nut-Free]
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, soaked in water for at least 4 hours
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup rice malt or maple syrup, or any other plant-based liquid sweetener
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup puffed rice, quinoa, millet, or amaranth
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch of salt
How to Prepare Super-Seedy Muesli Bars [Vegan, Nut-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 320°F. Line an 8-inch (20-cm) square baking tin with baking paper.
- Drain the dates. Blend with a stick blender or food processor until it forms a paste. Add all ingredients to a medium-size mixing bowl and mix until everything is evenly combined. Scoop into the baking tin, and firmly press down the mixture with the back of a spoon or cake scraper.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it turns golden brown. Let it completely cool in the baking tin.
- Remove from the tin and use a sharp serrated knife or chef’s knife to cut into bars. Use a gentle sawing action and hold in place to minimize any crumbling.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week, in the fridge for 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.