Many vegan ice cream recipes ask that you defrost the ice cream before you eat it. Sometimes you can't wait for ice cream. Good news! These fudgsicles use a selective combination of ingredients in these popsicles to prevent the popsicles from freezing rock hard. Due to the high fiber and natural oils in dates and nut butter, they never completely freeze so you can eat them straight from the freezer.
Chocolate Fudgsicles [Vegan]
For the Popsicles:
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk, such as almond, soy, or coconut
- 3 tablespoons cocoa or raw cacao powder
For the Coating:
- 2/3 cup store-bought vegan chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or other nuts
- Drain the dates. Add them to a high-powered blender with all the popsicle ingredients. Blend until the mixture is as smooth as possible.
- Spoon the mixture into your popsicle molds and place sticks in the popsicles. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until the popsicles are frozen solid.
- Remove the popsicles from their molds and store them in an airtight container.
- Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan or over a double boiler. Quickly spoon the chocolate over each popsicle and decorate as desired. The temperature of the popsicles will set the chocolate straight away. Enjoy the popsicles immediately or store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.