Lemonade is great all year, but with the warmer weather approaching it becomes even more refreshing and delicious! Add some blueberries to make an amazing infusion of flavor.
Blueberry Lemonade [Vegan]
- 4 3/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (from 4–5 large lemons)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- Ice, as needed
- In a large pitcher, mix together 4 1/2 cups water with lemon juice.
- Heat the blueberries, 1/4 cup water, and erythritol in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring the blueberry mixture to a simmer and allow to simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove the blueberry mixture from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a large blender, blend the blueberry mixture on high until you have a smooth purée.
- Add the blueberry purée to the lemonade and stir until well combined. Strain if desired.
- Serve over ice. May be stored in the refrigerator up to 4 days.