These aren't your traditional, pillowy doughnuts, thanks to the buckwheat flour. They're dense, which is what you need for a breakfast that'll fuel you when you're on the go. Don't just stop at eating them plain — these are fantastic as a breakfast sandwich with peanut butter, banana, and dried fruit! If you want them poofy, replace the buckwheat flour with some all-purpose gluten-free flour and add another teaspoon of baking powder and non-dairy milk to the desired consistency.
Buckwheat Breakfast Doughnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Buckwheat Breakfast Doughnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed powder
- 1/2 cup sweetener/sugar of choice
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup peach purée
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to Prepare Buckwheat Breakfast Doughnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a doughnut pan.
- Mix your dry ingredients, then add the wet and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into the doughnut pan and smooth out with the back of a wet spoon.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until slightly crisp.
- Let it cool somewhat and then transfer to a cooling rack until the bottoms are dry. Store in the refrigerator.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.