These aren't your traditional, pillowy doughnuts, thanks to the buckwheat flour. They're dense, which is what you need for a breakfast that'll fuel you when you're on the go. Don't just stop at eating them plain — these are fantastic as a breakfast sandwich with peanut butter, banana, and dried fruit! If you want them poofy, replace the buckwheat flour with some all-purpose gluten-free flour and add another teaspoon of baking powder and non-dairy milk to the desired consistency.
Buckwheat Breakfast Doughnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed powder
- 1/2 cup sweetener/sugar of choice
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup peach purée
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a doughnut pan.
- Mix your dry ingredients, then add the wet and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into the doughnut pan and smooth out with the back of a wet spoon.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until slightly crisp.
- Let it cool somewhat and then transfer to a cooling rack until the bottoms are dry. Store in the refrigerator.