If you like mushrooms, you’ll enjoy this simple vegan gravy, which is great over seitan, tofu, brown rice or other cooked grains, veggie burgers, and best of all, mashed or smashed potatoes. In other words, this makes comfort dishes even more comforting.
Easy Mushroom Gravy [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Easy Mushroom Gravy [Vegan]
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 8 ounces mushrooms of any kind, stemmed, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional but highly recommended)
How to Prepare Easy Mushroom Gravy [Vegan]
- Combine the broth and soy sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the mushrooms and simmer gently for 10 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Combine the arrowroot cornstarch with just enough water to dissolve in a cup or small container. When the water and soy sauce mixture is at a steady simmer, slowly whisk in the cornstarch, stirring constantly until the liquid is thickened.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the basil and optional nutritional yeast. Use at once.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 172 | Total Carbs: 28 g | Total Fat: 1 g | Total Protein: 13 g | Total Sodium: 1941 g | Total Sugar: 5 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.