An insanely delicious and easy vegan breakfast burrito loaded with roasted potatoes, seasoned tofu scramble, browned breakfast patties, and cheddar cheese. Tofu scramble recipe adapted from Isa Chandra.
Breakfast Burritos [Vegan]
- 2 pounds mixed baby potatoes, cubed
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Sprinkling of seasoning salt
- Dash of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons water
- heaping 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 6 frozen vegan breakfast burrito patties, thawed
- 6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- Dollop of vegan mayonnaise
- 8-ounce package of vegan shredded cheese
- Dollop of salsa
- Sprinkling of cilantro, chopped
- First, remove the breakfast patties so they can thaw out.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash, dry, and cube the potatoes. Spread them evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and coat with a drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with a seasoning salt and a dash of ground black pepper. Stir well to coat evenly and bake at 400°F for about 40 minutes, until fork tender.
- In a large rimmed frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-low. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Next, coat the pan with a nonstick cooking spray and crumble in the tofu with your hands. Sauté for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cumin through and including the water in a small bowl. Add to the tofu and continue to cook for another 10 minutes, scraping up bits that stick to the pan with a metal spatula.
- Then, stir in the nutritional yeast.
- Once the tofu is done, transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the breakfast patties to the frying pan and break apart into small pieces with a metal spatula. Cook over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes, until browned.
- Add the tofu back to the pan to warm and combine if you like.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- To assemble, place a dollop of mayo in the middle of the tortilla, followed by a pile of potatoes, then some breakfast patty and tofu scramble, a bit of cheese, followed by salsa and cilantro. Fold in the left and right sides first, and then roll away from you to form a burrito! Serve warm with additional salsa if you like.