Although this recipe takes a few days, it's very straightforward. Soaked cashews simply need to be blended with probiotic powder and miso and left to set overnight so that these two ingredients can envelop the softened nuts in a tangy, cheesy flavor. A bit of coconut butter is then added to give the cheese a dense and firm feel. Serve these with your favorite crackers and a glass of wine!
Sharp Cheddar Cheeze [Vegan]
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours and drained
- 1 teaspoon probiotic powder
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup raw coconut butter, warmed to liquid
- In a blender, combine the soaked cashews, probiotic powder, filtered water, and miso and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl, cover and place in a warm spot that's about 70°F. Let sit overnight.
- When the cheese is tangy, add it to a food processor or blender and add the sea salt and coconut butter and blend until well incorporated.
- Pour into a bowl, place in the freezer for about 10 minutes, then scrape onto a piece of plastic wrap, and shape into a wheel while wrapping tightly. Place in the refrigerator until firm, about a few hours.