Although this recipe takes a few days, it's very straightforward. Soaked cashews simply need to be blended with probiotic powder and miso and left to set overnight so that these two ingredients can envelop the softened nuts in a tangy, cheesy flavor. A bit of coconut butter is then added to give the cheese a dense and firm feel. Serve these with your favorite crackers and a glass of wine!
Sharp Cheddar Cheeze [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sharp Cheddar Cheeze [Vegan]
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours and drained
- 1 teaspoon probiotic powder
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup raw coconut butter, warmed to liquid
How to Prepare Sharp Cheddar Cheeze [Vegan]
- In a blender, combine the soaked cashews, probiotic powder, filtered water, and miso and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl, cover and place in a warm spot that's about 70°F. Let sit overnight.
- When the cheese is tangy, add it to a food processor or blender and add the sea salt and coconut butter and blend until well incorporated.
- Pour into a bowl, place in the freezer for about 10 minutes, then scrape onto a piece of plastic wrap, and shape into a wheel while wrapping tightly. Place in the refrigerator until firm, about a few hours.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 141 | Carbs: 7 g | Fat: 12 g | Protein: 4 g | Sodium: 163 mg | Sugar: 2 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.