These corn pancakes are super light and fluffy! I mean look at them.They are gorgeous. If I sound a bit chuffed about them…that’s because I am. I decided to take these in a Mexican direction, so I topped them with some vegan butter and a salsa made from tomatoes, onion, coriander and avocado.
Mexican Corn Pancakes With Homemade Salsa [Vegan]
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg replacement (You could use flax seed emulsion or any other)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
For the salsa:
- 6 cherry tomatoes diced
- 1/4 avocado diced
- 1 teaspoon finely diced onion
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix the egg replacement and non-dairy milk together and add to the flour mix.
- Stir until well combined.
- Fold in the corn kernels.
- Heat a heavy pan over medium heat and melt a mix of oil and vegan butter until it sizzles.
- Add scoops of batter to the pan, the pancakes should be about 3-4 inches across.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until small bubbles appear in the top and start to burst, and the edges start to dry out a bit.
- Flip and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side.
- Mix the salsa ingredients together.
- Serve the pancakes with some vegan butter and the salsa.
These also work as sweet pancakes, I ate the second lot with vegan butter and maple syrup.