Scrambling tofu is a great way to recreate the taste and texture of scrambled eggs. It’s great as leftovers too! Eat this in a sandwich for a brunch. Make some vegan pancakes, pour a fresh glass of almond milk…and you’ll be ready for anything.
Chili Masala Tofu Scramble [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chili Masala Tofu Scramble [Vegan]
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed and cut into 1 inch-thick cubes
- 1 small red chili, seeded and minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
How to Prepare Chili Masala Tofu Scramble [Vegan]
Sauté onion and garlic in oil in a large pan for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add tofu, chili, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Stir to mix everything well.
- Add remaining ingredients except nutritional yeast. Stir mixture until tofu is browned, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with nutritional yeast, and serve!
There are lots of variations on a tofu scramble! Think of your favorite combos. Try spinach and broccoli, vegan cheese and tomato, or a spicy southwestern tofu take on huevos rancheros.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: | Carbs: 18 g | Fat: 14 g | Protein: 5 g | Sodium: 95 mg | Sugar: 10 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.