Scrambling tofu is a great way to recreate the taste and texture of scrambled eggs. It’s great as leftovers too! Eat this in a sandwich for a brunch. Make some vegan pancakes, pour a fresh glass of almond milk…and you’ll be ready for anything.
Chili Masala Tofu Scramble [Vegan]
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed and cut into 1 inch-thick cubes
- 1 small red chili, seeded and minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
Sauté onion and garlic in oil in a large pan for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add tofu, chili, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Stir to mix everything well.
- Add remaining ingredients except nutritional yeast. Stir mixture until tofu is browned, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with nutritional yeast, and serve!
There are lots of variations on a tofu scramble! Think of your favorite combos. Try spinach and broccoli, vegan cheese and tomato, or a spicy southwestern tofu take on huevos rancheros.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: | Carbs: 18 g | Fat: 14 g | Protein: 5 g | Sodium: 95 mg | Sugar: 10 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile