This recipe is not only fun to look at, but just as fun to eat! These cookies are a great way share your love and show off your baking skills.
Butter Cookie Pops [Vegan]
For the Pops:
- 1 cup at room temp vegan butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup icing or powdered sugar a little more than
- 2 1/3 cups + 1 tablespoon / plus extra plain all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
For the Decoration:
- 300g vegan white chocolate
- Vegan oil-based food colouring
- Vegan sprinkles
- Paddle pop sticks
- If you're a kid, get an adult helper to assist.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a mix master with a paddle attachment, beat butter on low to soften it for 1 minute. Then add sifted powdered sugar and cream together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides half way through.
- Add vanilla extract and beat on low for 30 seconds.
- Add sifted flour and beat on low. The mixture will start to come together as crumbs and then will form a soft delicate dough. If needed, add 1-2 tbsp of water if it’s not coming together.
- Using your hands bring dough together into a ball. If it’s super sticky and sticking to your fingers add a little extra flour.
- Chill dough for 30 mins in the fridge. Don’t skip this step!
- Roll dough out on bench about 1.5 cm thick and cut with a heart cookie cutter.
- Gently insert paddle pop stick into the base of each love heart.
- Place cookies on tray and bake for 20- 23 minutes on the top rack of your oven. Check them at the 20 minutes mark. They will remain pale but go slightly brown on the bottom and around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
How to Decorate Your Cookie:
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 10 second bursts until melted. Or, using a double boiler method on your stove top on low heat, whilst stirring.
- Divide into two bowls. Add a small amount of colouring to one of the bowls and mix until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon pour a small amount of one colour over one side of the cookie, and then add a small amount of the other chocolate on the other side of the cookie.
- Use a skewer to glide through the chocolate on the pop to mix the two colours into each other.
- Sprinkle some sprinkles over the top and allow for cookies to set in the fridge.
- Keep it in the fridge until ready to eat.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile