If you’re a nut butter lover, this guide is for you! There are so many fun ways to use nut butter in foods that go beyond just slathering peanut butter on some fruit or toast. Did you know you can add it to soups, tofu, and even noodle dishes? Nut butters have a variety of uses, and this week’s spotlight focuses on that variety. Don’t forget to eat these meals while listening to your body; it’s important to make sure you’re getting enough nutrients from a variety of plant foods such as greens, beans, and whole grains!
There are a variety of nut butters out there from peanut butter to cashew butter to even macadamia nut butter! Nut butters can be pretty interchangeable if you’re mainly eating them on toast or with fruit, but you may have a specific nut butter on hand or might want to try to make your own homemade nut butter. This guide not only includes sweet and savory recipes for the most common nut butters (peanut butter, almond butter, and cashew butter) but also includes a few recipes to show you how to make your own nut butter at home.
For many of these recipes, using natural nut butter is the best. This is usually the drippy nut butter that you have to give a good stir to before using. This kind of nut butter is best since it has fewer added ingredients, which is excellent when you’re using nut butter in both sweet and savory recipes.
If you’re allergic to nuts and tree nuts, check out these roundups for some recipe ideas: Go Nuts for These 15 Dairy-Free Fruit and Nut Recipes and 15 Nut-Free Vegan Desserts that Can be Enjoyed by Everyone!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing delicious, fully vegan, and plant-based ways to enjoy nut butter in both sweet and savory dishes!
Source: Coconut Almond Butter
Making your own nut butter can be a little intimidating at first, but it’s super simple! You do need either a high-speed blender or a food processor. For your basic nut butter, you add your nuts and grind them until they’re a delicious, drippy liquid. The process takes about ten minutes or so, so patience is key! Don’t forget to give your food processor or blender a break as you run it to keep it from overheating. Plus, stopping now and again to scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor helps everything come together well. Here are a few recipes to try out!
- Roasted Cinnamon Vanilla Pecan Cashew Butter by Sarah Pether
- Vanilla Maple Cashew Butter by Karielyn Tillman
- Macadamia Cashew Butter by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler
- Coconut Almond Butter by Laura Nockett
Grab your nut butters and let’s eat! Peanut butter is one of the more common nut butters, so if you’re looking for a way to use up some peanut butter or even experiment and make your own, these recipes are excellent to use your peanut butter in! You can make everything from a savory peanut stew to a sweet peanut butter mousse!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Chia Pudding by Tara Sunshine
- Peanut Butter Fudge Stuffed Cupcakes by Gretchen Price
- Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Caroline Doucet
- Peanut Butter Mousse by Robin Browne
- Healthy Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate by Caroline Doucet
- Fruit-Sweetened Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins by Caroline Doucet
- Cocoa Peanut Butter Energy Balls by Amarilis Moldes
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Bars by Medha Swaminathan
- Spicy Thai Peanut Soup by Julie Zimmer
- Peanut Butter Tofu by Haley Gallerani
- African Peanut Soup by Marquis Matson @realrawkitchen
- Tempeh Fries With Peanut Satay Sauce by Real Food, Really Fast by Hannah Kaminsky
- 4-Ingredient Salted Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars by Gabrielle St. Claire
Almond butter is another popular nut butter and you can also use it in both sweet and savory recipes, just like peanut butter. Make sure that when you’re using your almond butter, you give it a good stir to make sure it pours out easily.
- Almond Butter and Smashed Raspberry Stuffed French Toast by Happy Food by Bettina Campolucci Bordi
- One-Bowl Almond Butter Banana Bread by Cara Carin
- No-Bake Almond Butter Cream Bars by Melanie Sorrentino
- Apple Almond Butter Snack by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler
- Simple Almond Butter Cups by Planted and Picked
- Almond Butter Tofu Stew by Jackie Sobon
- Spicy Almond Butter Sweet Potato Noodle Bowls by Lauren Kirchmaier
Source: Cashew Butter Buckeye Brownies
- Post-Workout Smoothie With Cashew Butter and Pistachios by Katja Meier
- Cashew Butter Buckeye Brownies by Lauren Kirchmaier
- Butternut Cashew Mac ‘n Cheese by Kirsten Kaminski
- Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza With Garlic Cashew Cheese by Travis Piper
- Pumpkin Gnocchi in Spiced Butter Sauce With Lemon Cashew Cream by Rhea Parsons
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, and prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!