Vanilla Maple Cashew Butter is a healthy option to plain cashew butter or even peanut butter. It was super easy to make with just a food processor and took less than 10 minutes. Enjoy it as a dip with apples instead of plain peanut butter but it would also be good to spread over warm toast.
Vanilla Maple Cashew Butter [Vegan]
- 3 cups organic cashews
- 1-2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- Add the cashews to a food processor and process until creamy and smooth. This may take up to 5 - 7 minutes for it to change from a nut, to flour to nut butter, but stop every minute or so to scrape the sides.
- Add the remaining ingredients: vanilla extract, maple syrup and coconut oil and process again until everything is well blended and creamy.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
I used (1) tablespoon of organic vanilla extract but feel free to add more if you want more vanilla flavor. I used homemade cashew butter as the base, but you could also use an organic store-bought cashew butter (or even substitute with your favorite nut butter, ex. almond butter, etc). If you do use a store-bought nut butter, you would only need (1) cup to replace the (3) cups of cashews. I used maple syrup as the sweetener, but feel free to use your favorite sweetener as a substitution. This recipe will make approximately (1) cup of nut butter.