These are the lightest, creamiest dessert bars ever — just wait until you take the first bite. These no-bake bars feature an oat and date crust (no extra sweetener needed) and a light, creamy almond butter and coconut cream filling. You can let them sit out so the topping takes on a light texture or serve them frozen, so they're essentially like ice cream. Drizzle on some chocolate and dig in.
No-Bake Almond Butter Cream Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 8 dates
- 3/4 cup oatmeal (80 grams)
- 1 TB agave (optional)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (optional)
For the Filling:
- 1 15-ounce can of coconut cream or 2 full-fat coconut milk cans, cream only
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 6 tablespoons almond butter or any nut butter (feel free to use more)
For the Topping:
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Process dates and oats in food processor until mixture is sticky. Add agave if mixture is a little dry.
- Press crust into small container. Put in the refrigerator.
- Blend filling up and pour over crust. Put in refrigerator overnight or freezer for a few hours.
- Once filling is solid slice into bars and top with melted chocolate chips. To melt chips microwave in short 15 second bursts until smooth. Store in the refrigerator or freezer, depending how soft your filling is.