Fruit-sweetened peanut butter & jelly muffins. These muffins are sweetened with bananas and jelly and are made with whole wheat flour for a nutritious snack!
Fruit-Sweetened Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 3/4 cup overripe bananas, mashed (about 3-4 large)
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk of choice
- 1/4 cup oil, such as olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- about 1/3 cup Jam of choice
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease your muffin pan with oil or butter/margarine or use muffin liners if preferred.
- In a large bowl, mash your bananas. Whisk in your plant-based milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add your dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix all together.
- Stir in the peanut butter. You want to make evenly distributed swirls without mixing it completely into the dough.
- Transfer approximately half of the mixture to your greased muffin pan, making 12 muffins. Top each with about 1/2 tablespoon of jam, then top with the remaining muffin batter. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool a few minutes before removing from the pan.