Why should you make oat flour? 1 cup of oats has about 10 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber. By adding oat flour to some of your favorite recipes you can boost its nutritional value. Here is how it’s done!
How to Make Oat Flour
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spread oats evenly onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add baked oats to a food processor. Grind into a flour consistency.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Baking with oat flour may require a little bit of experimenting, but that’s the fun part. As a starting point try substituting 1/3 of the flour in a recipe with oat flour.