Pecans, date-caramel cream, and chocolate — these fabulous tarts are to die for! Layer upon layer of deliciousness, they are kept together with dessert rings until they are frozen solid and dense. Top with extra pecans on top for crunch and presentation.
Pecan Caramel Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 3/4 cup almonds, soaked
- 8 dates, deseeded
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
For the Caramel Layer:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 handful of pecans or walnuts
- 10 dates, pitted and chopped
- A good pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons maca powder (optional)
For the Topping:
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Pecans and other nuts
- Mix all ingredients for the base in a food processor with blade inserted until it's a slightly lumpy mass.
- Using four dessert rings, form circular crusts by pressing them firmly into the mass.
- Now all the ingredients for the caramel cream in blender or use a hand blender to mix finely. Spread onto the crust and set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the dessert rings before serving. Mix maple syrup with cacao. Depending on your taste, give a dab on each tart and sprinkle with pecans.