Jack-o-Lantern Stuffed Peppers are the perfect pre trick-or-treating dinner because they capture the fun of Halloween but still offer a ton of health benefits.
Jack-o-Lantern Stuffed Peppers [Vegan]
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large, dry pot, toast the raw millet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until it turns a rich golden brown. Add the vegetable stock, onions and garlic the pot and stir. Bring to a boil on high heat then lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow it to sit, covered and for 10 minutes.
- While the millet is cooking, place the cut peppers in a steamer basket and steam for 10 minutes until slightly soft then pat dry.
- When the millet mixture is done resting, gently stir in the pasta sauce, nutritional yeast, spices, pine nuts and spinach.
- Spoon the stuffed peppers filling into the steamed peppers. Cook the stuffed peppers for 20 minutes in the oven uncovered.