These pancakes are perfect. They are so light and fluffy and have the absolute perfect texture. Sweetened with maple syrup and speckled with chewy bits of candied ginger, these pancakes will be the highlight of your weekend!
Maple Ginger Pancakes [Vegan]
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. crystallized ginger slices, minced (plus a little extra for garnish)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the first five ingredients.
- Make a little hole within the flour mixture and add in the syrup and the water. Stir gently a few times, then add in the chopped ginger and stir until just combined. There might be sprays of flour and that's okay. Do not overmix.
- Over low, heat a large frying pan. Coat with a nonstick cooking spray. Once the pan is heated, pour in 1/4 cup of the batter. Allow to cook until it starts to form bubbles, then coat the top of the pancake with the nonstick cooking spray and flip. Allow to cook until browned and cooked through.
- Repeat with the remainder of the batter. This will make about seven medium pancakes.
- Serve warm and topped with a slathering of vegan butter, a splash of maple syrup and garnished with chopped candied ginger.