These Spicy Almond Butter Sweet Potato Noodle Bowls are perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, and leftovers heat up well for a warm lunch.
Spicy Almond Butter Sweet Potato Noodle Bowls [Vegan]
Almond Butter Sauce:
- 1/4 cup all natural roasted almond butter
- 2 tablespoon Tamari Lite
- 1-2 tablespoon sriracha
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 package sweet potato spirals
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small head of broccoli, broken into florets
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- fresh lime
- First, make the sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond butter, Tamari Lite, sriracha, almond milk, ginger, garlic, and optional maple syrup until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium with a drizzle of avocado oil.
- Once warm, add the chickpeas. Cook for ~5 minutes, until lightly brown, then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add another drizzle of avocado oil to the skillet along with broccoli florets. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes until the broccoli is tender-crisp, then add in sweet potato spirals and cook for 5-7 minutes longer, until softened.
- Next, pour the almond butter sauce into the pan, stirring to coat veggies.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for another few minutes until sauce is warm and the veggies are tender.
- Serve garnished with green onions, sesame seeds, cilantro, and fresh lime.