Protein-rich edamame along with fresh cilantro, carrots, and broccoli slaw, come together in these beautifully vibrant burgers. Flavorful, fresh, and delicious! Serve in a lettuce wrap or on burger buns with your favorite toppings.
Cilantro Edamame Burger [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cups shelled edamame, frozen
- 1/4 cup heaped chopped cilantro, fresh
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup broccoli slaw
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- Hamburgers buns
- In a food processor, combine edamame, cilantro, carrots, broccoli slaw, and cumin powder, then pulse.
- Spoon the mixture out into a mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients except oil and sesame seeds. Mix well with your hands.
- Divide the mixture into four equal parts and form patties between your palms.
- Warm oil in a nonstick frying pan and add sesame seeds.
- Immediately place the burger patties in the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes, or until brown.
- Flip the patties to the other side and cook for another 5 minutes, or until brown.
- Serve on hamburger buns with your desired toppings.