If you’re looking to create a decadent stack of pancakes for a special occasion or just have an organic affinity for all things peanut butter, then these are the pancakes for you. These stacks come in two flavors: chocolate and peanut butter, which is a flavor pair that was made to be. Serve with the creamy chocolate and peanut butter sauces and maybe even a dollop of coconut whipped cream, if you're feeling indulgent.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pancakes [Vegan]
For the Pancake Base:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk, plus more as needed
For the Peanut Butter Pancakes:
- 1 cup peanut butter powder
For the Chocolate Pancakes:
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
For the Optional Chocolate and Peanut Butter Sauce:
- 3/4 cup peanut butter powder mixed with 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter powder mixed with 1/3 cup cacao and 1/2 cup almond milk
- Mix dry ingredients and separate into two bowls.
- Add cacao in one and peanut butter powder in the other. Combine wet ingredient, then add to separate bowls by adding wet to dry. Add additional milk, if needed.
- Fold in chocolate chips to chocolate pancakes batter
- Heat an oiled skillet and add your desired amount of batter. Cook until the batter begins to bubble and then flip and cook on the other side, about 15 minutes total.
- Serve with toppings, if desired.