Fall and winter means indulging in tons of pumpkins, squashes, and delicious winter veggies! This recipe for butternut cashew mac and cheese lets you enjoy the seasonal bounty. This is the perfect recipe for kids, busy parents, and everyone else – so make sure you try it!
Butternut Cashew Mac ‘n Cheese [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 2 cups butternut squash, steamed/cooked
- 1/3 cup cashews, soaked 6-8 hours (if you forgot to soak just boil them in water for 10 minutes)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pasta of your choice (gluten-free or grain-free if necessary)
- Peel, dice, and steam your butternut squash until soft.
- In another pot, cook your pasta according to instructions.
- Add all the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta. Add chili flakes, pepper, steamed spinach, and other veggies as desired.