Having a well-stocked spice cabinet is a must for any home cook, especially those who cook with a lot of vegetables. Another easy way to enhance and accentuate the natural flavor of vegetables is using a broth. This mushroom vegetable broth has a smoky, woodsy, and rich flavor without all the salt store-bought broths contain.
Mushroom Vegetable Broth [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mushroom Vegetable Broth [Vegan]
- 6 medium size Shiitake mushrooms, dried
- 6 ribs celery
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and ends removed,
- 1 medium leek, white and pale green parts only
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 10 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch parsley
- 9 cups water
How to Prepare Mushroom Vegetable Broth [Vegan]
- Rehydrate dried Shiitake mushrooms in hot water, approximately 30 minutes. After the Shiitake mushrooms are soft, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Cut celery, leak, and carrots into 1-inch long chunks.
- Place all ingredients in pressure cooker. Follow the instructions of the pressure cooker and cook 10 minutes with very low heat. Let pressure drop off on its own.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer to remove the vegetables, herbs, and spices. Store in freezer for up to 3 months.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.