Pecans are basically the candy of the nut world, and when roasted with cashews and blended with cinnamon and vanilla, they make a phenomenal nut butter! It's so rich and creamy, you'll want to put it on everything.
Roasted Cinnamon Vanilla Pecan Cashew Butter [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4-1/2 cup neutral-tasting oil such as vegetable or sunflower
- 1 vanilla bean pod, scraped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Begin by roasting the nuts. In a dry pan over a medium heat add the nuts. Stir occasionally, until the nuts begin to release their smells and turn brown. They will color quickly – be careful not to burn them. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the nuts into the blender, add 1/4 cup of oil, and begin blending. At first you may need to push the nuts into the blender blades. I used a rolling pin for this.
- Scrape down the sides then continue blending on high for about 3-10 minutes depending on your blender. If the mixture is still lumpy and doesn’t flow around the blades smoothly, add a little more oil. It will feel like the nuts will never, ever blend, but they will!
- Once the nuts are blended into a smooth butter consistency, add the salt, vanilla and cinnamon. Blend on low to combine.
- Pour the butter into a jar and allow to cool before slathering on everything.