This fun little snack can be quickly assembled by slicing a small apple and topping it with a thin layer of raw almond butter. Apples and nut butter are nothing new, but somehow the addition of hemp hearts and crunchy cocoa nibs, makes them that much more satisfying. These little sandwiches are perfect for an afternoon snack. They are high in protein, high in fiber, and there is plenty of taste in every bite.
Apple Almond Butter Snack [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Apple Almond Butter Snack [Vegan]
- 1 medium apple organic if possible
- 3 tablespoons raw unsweetened almond butter
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to Prepare Apple Almond Butter Snack [Vegan]
- Wash, core, and slice the apple into 6 rounds. (If you don't have an apple corer, you can slice the apple first and then cut out the centers with a small cookie cutter or knife.)
- Spread 1 tablespoon of almond butter on 3 of the apple slices and sprinkle with hemp hearts and cacao nibs. (Optional: Sprinkle with little bit of cinnamon) top with the remaining apple slices to form sandwiches.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.