The most magical time of the year is here! What are you going to make first? Let it be cookies, cakes, pies, warm stews, hearty entrees, and plenty of snacks and dips too, Christmas is the time to go all out when it comes to the spread. No matter if you have relatives coming over or if you’re celebrating solo with just your nearest and dearest, there’s a little something in our vegan recipe collection for everyone during the holiday season.
Before you can actually start making Christmas fare, it’s helpful to know what it takes to make cooking for Christmas a success. Don’t worry — it’s so easy! See our tips in How to Have a Vegan Merry Christmas. We like to think that the most magical time of the year can also be completely delicious, and totally simple at the same time.
Start Christmas morning out the right way with something special and delicious! Try these amazing Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls or Eggnog Waffles that will fill your kitchen with the scent of holiday cheer! Looking for more ways to jump-start your day? Check out these awesome breakfast options!
The main course is the part that anchors any Christmas dinner; it might not be the only part you look forward to, but dinner wouldn’t be complete without it. We’ve got hearty, rich and delicious main dishes you can make entirely plant-based.
- 10 Tofu Entrees for Your Holiday Meal! (2019)
- Vegan Christmas Menu From Start to Finish! (2019)
- Serve Up Some Comforting Shepherd’s Pie This Holiday Season! (2017)
- 15 Meaty Plant-Based Recipes for the Holidays (2017)
- 15 Hearty Plant-Based Pot Pie Recipes for the Holidays (2017)
- 15 International Recipes For Your Holiday Menu (2017)
- 15 Entrées With Mushrooms as the Main Event for the Holidays (2017)
- 15 Plant-Based Holiday Entrées Featuring Cauliflower (2017)
- 15 Stunning Meatless Christmas Dinners That Will Make Jaws Drop (2016)
- 15 Savory Meatless Pies That Are Perfect For Your Holiday Potlucks (2016)
- 15 Meat-Free Casseroles For Christmas Dinner That Can Serve a Crowd (2016)
- 15 Rich, Creamy, and Dairy-Free Risottos For Your Holiday Dinner (2016)
- Deck the Halls With These 30 Vegan Main Dishes for Christmas (2015)
- How to Make Risotto 5 Different Ways (2015)
- Dig Into these 15 Flavorful and Seasonal Casseroles (2015)
- Vegan Gratin Recipes that Make a Hearty Dinner (2015)
- 5 Christmas Casseroles Made Vegan (2014)
- 5 Must-Have Savory Vegan Pies for Christmas (2014)
- 10 Delicious Vegan Main Dishes for Christmas (2014)
- Veggie Loafs
- Vegan Pasta
- Fall/Winter Holiday Entrees
- Fall/Winter Soups & Stews
- See 100’s of our Vegan Christmas Entrees here!
With so many savory meals filling the table, you’ll want something to soak up everything from homemade gravy to sweet and tangy cranberry sauce. That’s where bread becomes an important part of your Christmas table. From biscuits to crusty loaves and sweet breads for desserts, we’ve got everything you need!
No holiday meal is complete without a vegan stuffing. Perfect for dinner or hearty breakfast or lunch, stuffing is a must. Don’t know where to start? Try these!
Christmas Sides and Drinks
Sides complement the meal, look beautiful on the table, and many are actually what some of us look forward to the most! You know that one aunt or grandma that makes a side you look forward to all year … oh yeah, we all have them. Or, maybe you’re the one that makes the sides people love the most. You might just nail the recipe that keeps everyone coming back for more year after year! For more ideas and inspiration on how to fill your table, check out these amazing round-ups.
- 15 Satisfying Vegan Party Foods for Your Holiday Party! (2019)
- 10 Holiday Classic Recipes Made Vegan! (2019)
- 15 Cider Drinks and Desserts for the Holidays (2019)
- 10 Vegan Dinner Rolls for Holiday Parties! (2019)
- 15 Plant-Based Holiday Recipes Using the Flavor of Rosemary! (2019)
- 15 Plant-Based Kid-Friendly Recipes for the Holidays! (2019)
- 15 Brussels Sprouts Recipes for Christmas! (2019)
- Everything But The Sauce: 15 Unique Cranberry Recipes for the Holidays (2017)
- 15 Comforting Dips for Your Holiday Festivities (2017)
- 15 Vegan Au Gratin Dishes for Your Holiday Feasts (2017)
- 15 Warm and Cozy Soups and Stews to Kick Off Christmas Dinner (2016)
- 25 Vegan Stuffings and Sides That Are Perfect For Your Christmas Dinner (2016)
- 30 Veggie Stuffings and Sides for Your Holiday Dinner (2015)
- 15 Epic Christmas Sides That are Vegan (2015)
- 5 Vegan Christmas Sides that Everyone Will Love (2015)
- 25 Hearty Winter Vegan Salad Recipes (2014)
- 7 Tips for Making Satisfying Fall and Winter Salads (2014)
- 5 Warm and Fuzzy Vegan Holiday Drinks (2013)
- 6 Vegan Nogs to Celebrate National Egg Nog Month (2013)
- Christmas Vegan Drinks
- Christmas Vegan Nogs
- See 100’s of our Vegan Christmas sides here!
Christmas cookies make the holiday complete and are some of the easiest desserts and snacks to make. Can’t get enough cookies? Neither can we! These lists will help you pick the perfect cookies for your holiday festivities.
Sweet Christmas Pies
Pies make simple, amazing desserts because you can make them with a variety of ingredients that everyone will like! They can be spiced and sweet, like this gluten-free Apple Raspberry Ginger Pie or cool and creamy like this Banana Cream Pie. Or, slice up any one of the pies from these round-ups!
- 15 Mini Vegan Pies to Enjoy During the Holidays! (2019)
- 15 Vegan Christmas Pies That Will Make Dessert Extra Sweet (2016)
- Sweeten Your Holiday Dinner With These 25 Amazing Vegan Pies (2015)
- 12 Recipes to Savor the Flavor and Aroma of Pumpkin Pie Spices (2015)
- 35 Perfectly Sweet Holiday Pies (2014)
- Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Pie
- See 100’s of our Vegan Sweet Pies here!
No matter what Christmas celebration you go to, there’s always … cake! Lots and lots of cakes to be exact. Something about a beautiful cake, like this Gingerbread Cheesecake or Apple Pumpkin Cheesecake With Glazed Peanut Butter Popcorn, on the table just symbolizes what Christmas is all about: beauty, and enjoying the very best part of the holiday last (just like dessert!). Ready to get baking? We’re with you!
- 15 Beautiful Vegan Cashew Cheesecake Recipes For Your Holiday Feast (2019)
- 50 Festive Cakes and Christmas-Themed Desserts For Your Holiday Celebration (2015)
- Celebrate the Season With These 10 Vegan Cupcake Recipes (2015)
- 10 Festive Vegan Cakes for Christmas (2014)
- See 100’s of our Vegan Christmas Cakes here!
You can’t have a Christmas dinner, party, (or any celebration for that matter) without dessert! We’ve got you completely covered with these delicious Christmas desserts, all simple to make and sure to satisfy even Santa!
- 15 Homemade Vegan Chocolates That Make Great Holiday Gifts! (2019)
- Try These 15 Magnificent Vegan Mousse Recipes This Holiday Season! (2019)
- 15 Vegan Brownies to Bake for Friends and Family for the Holidays! (2019)
- 15 Vegan Peppermint Recipes for the Holidays! (2019)
- 10 Deliciously Salted Vegan Desserts to Make This Christmas (2019)
- 15 Vegan Gingerbread Recipes For the Holidays That Aren’t Just Cookies! (2019)
- 15 Vegan Crisps and Crumbles for Christmas! (2019)
- Holiday Desserts From Around the World (2017)
- 15 Jolly Traditional Holiday Desserts (2017)
- 15 Vegan Peppermint Desserts for the Holidays (2017)
- 15 Traditional Christmas Desserts Made Vegan (2016)
- 15 Spicy and Oh-So-Sweet Desserts Featuring Gingerbread (2016)
- Time to Indulge! Try These 20 Delicious Dairy-Free Chocolate Recipes (2015)
- 10 Decadent Dishes for Dark Chocolate Lovers (2015)
- The Greatest Guide to Vegan Christmas Desserts (2014)
- 8 Freakin’ Delicious Gingerbread Recipes (2014)
- Truffles and Chocolates, Oh My! – 15 Recipes for a Vegan Christmas (2014)
- 5 Edible Holiday Gifts for Your Loved Ones (2014)
- See 100’s of our Vegan Christmas Desserts here!
More Christmas Recipes
To see more Christmas recipes, check out our entire Vegan Christmas recipe section, filled with delicious holiday dishes we enjoy each and every year!
Also, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App, which is available for both Android and iPhone, and can also be found on Instagram and Facebook. The app has more than 10,000 plant-based, allergy-friendly recipes! Subscribers gain access to new recipes every day. Check it out!