No holiday dinner is complete without a vegan pie. Whether you enjoy pumpkin, apple, or chocolate, or you’re more of a savory pie person, there is a pie recipe that you, and your family, will love. While pies are already the perfect dessert, there is one way to make pies even better: make them mini. Mini vegan pies are cuter and easier to serve. No more waiting for the pie to make its way around the table. Eating mini vegan pies also makes you feel like a giant. How fun! There are so many recipes out there, so there’s something for everyone!
Try one of these vegan mini-pie recipes from our Food Monster App! They’re sure to be crowd-pleasers!
1. Easy Mini Apple Pie
Source: Easy Mini Apple Pie
This heavenly spiced Easy Mini Apple Pie by Fabio Gallo is small but packed with flavor and ideal for two.
2. Blueberry and Basil Mini Pies
Source: Blueberry and Basil Mini Pies
These baby Blueberry and Basil Mini Pies by Genevieve Yam make a great breakfast, and brunch, and are also a delicious afternoon pick-me-up. They’re sweet, but not too sweet thanks to fresh basil and they’re perfectly portioned so you always have just the right amount of pie. These mini pies are so easy to make, they’ll become your new go-to for any time you need to bring something along to parties and potlucks.
3. Creamy Mushroom Hand Pies
Source: Creamy Mushroom Hand Pies
Great as an appetizer at a party or as a lunch you can grab on the go, these creamy mushroom hand pies are delicious. A creamy, garlicky mushroom filling is sealed within a flaky puff pastry pie crust. The best thing about these little Creamy Mushroom Hand Pies by Trine Rask, other than their portability, is that once you perfect the art of making them you can try them with different types of fillings like tofu scramble for breakfast or fruit for dessert.
Blissful: Vegan Dessert Cookbook!
Looking for new desserts to try out? Well, you’re in luck! One Green Planet’s vegan dessert cookbook is perfect for all dietary needs, occasions, ages, preferences, and skill levels! Blissful: Vegan Desserts and Treats to Feel Good and Live Deliciously proves just how flavorful, satisfying, and easy to make vegan food can be. Inside you’ll find a collection of 100 scrumptious desserts for every skill level and taste. Featuring rich chocolatey desserts like Cake Batter Freezer Fudge and Chocolate Layer Cake With Espresso Buttercream and Rich Ganache, to light and healthy recipes like Lemon Coconut Squares and PB&J Nice Cream Bowls. There is something for everybody in this book, and is guaranteed to satisfy vegans and non-vegans alike!
4. Mini Chocolate Raspberry Tofu Pies
Source: Mini Chocolate Raspberry Tofu Pies
Silken tofu has a smooth and ‘silky’ appearance, which makes it ideal to use in creams and pudding. No baking is required for this recipe for Mini Chocolate Raspberry Tofu Pies by Fabio Gallo, which makes it perfect on a hot summer day when you feel like enjoying a lighter dessert, but still packed with lots of different flavors.
5. Mini Pot Pies With Black Lentil, Fennel, and Thyme
Source: Mini Pot Pies With Black Lentil, Fennel, and Thyme
These Mini Pot Pies With Black Lentil, Fennel, and Thyme by Hannah Sunderani are exactly as they sound; a blend of vegetables including fennel, celery, carrots, and potatoes with lentils and herby thyme – it’s a hearty and comforting veg-packed dish that’s healthy too. This classic dish was made healthier by reducing the amount of pie crust needed and baking the meal into adorable, portion-controlled dishes! So you can feel guilt-free about succumbing to your yearning for pie.
6. Tapioca Pie: Hong Kong Taro Pie Copycat
Source: Tapioca Pie: Hong Kong Taro Pie Copycat
This tapioca pie or in Tagalog “Kamoteng Kahoy Pie” was created as inspired by the taro pie served at McDonald’s in Hong Kong. Rich cassava (tapioca) and flaky crust come together to create a delicious hand pie for on-the-go enjoyment. You have to try Raymund Macaalay‘s recipe for Tapioca Pie: Hong Kong Taro Pie Copycat!
7. Easy Mince Pies
Source: Easy Mince Pies
The crust of these Easy Mince Pies by Holly Jade contains only 3 easy-to-find ingredients and is gluten-free! It’s light, crumbly, and delicious. You’ll want to nibble on the whole batch, they’re that good. These are delicious treats served warm with dairy-free ice cream. Delicious!
8. Mini Strawberry Rhubarb Pies
Source: Mini Strawberry Rhubarb Pies
The dream team combination of strawberry and rhubarb comes together in these amazing vegan Mini Strawberry Rhubarb Pies by Nicole Dunai! Delicious filling and simple coconut oil crust make this classic dessert irresistible!
9. Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Pumpkin Creme
Source: Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Pumpkin Creme
These autumnal Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Pumpkin Creme by Larice Feuerstein feature soft, moist yet fluffy, gingerbread cookies, with a pumpkin cream cheese filling. They are also gluten-free and vegan. The creme is made from blended cashews, a little pumpkin puree, spices, and a bit of lemon juice for a luscious filling you’re going to want to pile on. The entire cookie is like a soft, pillowy bite of gingerbread and pumpkin heaven.
10. Buckwheat Pies With Chicory and Olives
Source: Buckwheat Pies With Chicory and Olives
Chicory and olives complement each other so well that you do not need much else to enjoy these delicious Buckwheat Pies With Chicory and Olives by Simona Malerba!
11. Mini Low-Fat Pumpkin Pies
Source: Mini Low-Fat Pumpkin Pies
These Mini Low-Fat Pumpkin Pies by Priscilla Soler are very easy to make and seriously addictive. Extremely sweet that just one or two will be more than enough to satisfy any sweet tooth.
12. Festive Creamy and Crunchy Onion Potato Pot Pies
Source: Festive Creamy and Crunchy Onion Potato Pot Pies
These Festive Creamy and Crunchy Onion Potato Pot Pies by Maria Koutsogiannis are amazing! They’re festive. They’re creamy. They’re crispy. They’re perfectly imperfect. Christmas is about good food, family, and enjoying each other’s company, so make sure you’re feeding to please your guests and not feeling restricted to this EXACT recipe! They’re rather easy to make and are filled with flavor, character, and aroma.
13. Triple Berry Hand Pies
Source: Triple Berry Hand Pies
These Triple Berry Hand Pies by Eva Cannon are the perfect treat. These vegan hand pies are something very special; filled with fresh triple berry chia jam and topped with an orange citrus glaze, you will fall in LOVE. Bright and fun, who doesn’t want to hold a mini pie in their hand?
14. Mince Pies
Source: Mince Pies
These nut-based Mince Pies by James Wythe are perfect to make for the holidays! The great thing about these bases is that they will last in the fridge for 2-3 days if covered. You can just quickly add the mince along with some toppings. So you don’t feel pressured into eating them all at once!
15. Mini Rose Apple Pies
Source: Mini Rose Apple Pies
These picture-perfect Mini Rose Apple Pies by Courtney West are a fantastic treat for any fall gathering, or if you feel like giving yourself a treat. The rose center is made from Pink Pearl apples, a seasonal apple with a vibrant pink center. Their flavor is the perfect balance of sweet and tart with floral undertones that are punctuated by freshly ground cardamom and sugar.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!