These nut based mince pies are perfect to make for the holidays! The great thing about these bases is that they will last in the fridge for 2-3 days if covered. You can just quickly add the mince along with some toppings. So you don’t feel pressured into eating them all at once!
Mince Pies [Vegan]
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 Mince Pie meat mix
- Firstly add all the nuts and dates into a food processor/blender and blend on full power for roughly 1 minute.
- Now add the chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup, water and blend again until the mix becomes sticky.
- Now place 12 cup cake cases inside a cupcake baking tray (Use a deep cupcake tray to help shape).
- Create small balls and place inside each cupcake case
- With your thumbs press down the ball and create a cup (make sure to not make this too thin otherwise it will fall apart when eating).
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour (the longer the better) to allow the base to set.
- Add a teaspoon of the meridian mince pie mix into the middle.
- Feel free to top with either pomegranate seeds or pink lady apple cut into shapes. Then finally a sprinkling of ground almonds or coconut.
Try heating the mince pie filling before adding to your base!