The crust contains only 3 'easy to find' ingredients and is gluten-free! It's light, crumbly and delicious. You'll want to nibble on the whole batch, they're that good. These are a delicious treat served warm with dairy-free ice cream. Delicious!
Easy Mince Pies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust and Cut-Out Topping:
- 7-ounces gluten-free flour
- 3 1/2-ounces coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
To Make the Filling:
- Pre-heat your oven to 355°F and get out a cupcake tin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the plain flour, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
- Mix and bring together with your hands until a dough forms.
- Cut out little shapes for the top of the mince pies and set aside.
- Press the dough into the tins, making a cup shape then prick the base with a fork and pop into the oven to bake for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, fill each crust with mincemeat and top with a pastry shape.
- Pop back into the oven for another 5-7 minutes or until gold color.
- Once golden, allow them to cool in the tin then carefully lift them out. As the crust contains coconut oil, they should just slide out very easily. If not, run a knife around the tin and lift them out.
Store in a sealed container, best eaten within a few days.