This heavenly spiced vegan apple pie is small but packed with flavor and ideal for two.
Easy Mini Apple Pie [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Easy Mini Apple Pie [Vegan]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons ice-cold water
- 2 small Granny Smith Apples or Honeycrisp
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Handful of raisins
- Dash of salt
How to Prepare Easy Mini Apple Pie [Vegan]
- To make the dough by hand, in a large bowl, stir together the flour and sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter or 2 knives, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal, with butter pieces no larger than small peas.
- Add the water and mix with a fork just until the dough pulls together.
- Form dough into a 3/4-inch thick disk. Wrap tightly in plastic, and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half the dough into a 7-inch circle. Carefully fit into a 6-inch pie plate, gently lowering dough into bottom and sides of pie plate without stretching. Refrigerate.
- Now, roll out the top into a 6-inch circle. Have ready on the side.
- Place lemon juice in a large bowl. Peel, core, and slice apples 1/8 inch thick transferring them to the bowl as you work. Add granulated sugar, raisins, all the spices, and flour; toss to combine.
- Pour the apple filling into the bottom crust, pressing the mixture down firmly to eliminate air gaps. Lay the top crust gently over the apples. Pinch the seams together and cut two slits in the center of the crust for ventilation. Brush the pie lightly with soy milk and sprinkle extra sugar on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400ºF, lower the oven temperature to 350ºF and continue to bake until golden and bubbling, 20 - 30 minutes more.
- Cool at least 4 hours before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.