Chicory and olives complement each other so well that you really do not need much else to enjoy these delicious pies!
Buckwheat Pies With Chicory and Olives [Vegan]
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 4 cups already cooked chicory
- 2 green olives seasoned
- clove of garlic
- fresh chilli pepper
- Mix the ingredients for the dough and work it until it is all blended. It must be a soft but not sticky loaf. Cover it with the film and let it rest an hour.
- Wash and clean the chicory, and cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes or until it is tender. Let it cool, remove the excess water and put it back in the pan with a clove of garlic, a little pepper and a little salt. Cut some olives into pieces and add them to the chicory.
- Pull the thin dough, and line the molds for tartellette, brushed with oil and lightly floured. Prick the bottom, fill with the vegetables, close with another disc of dough, remove the excess by passing the rolling pin over the molds with a slight pressure.
- Bake at 360º for 35 minutes, until they are lightly browned on the surface.