This is the perfect spring treat. These vegan hand pies are something very special; filled with fresh triple berry chia jam and topped with an orange citrus glaze, you will fall in LOVE. Bright and fun, who doesn't want to hold a mini pie in their hand?
Triple Berry Hand Pies [Vegan]
- Add flour, salt, sugar to a food processor and pulse two times. Add in cubed frozen vegan butter and give 3 more pulses. Pour in ice water while pulsing until the dough slightly comes together. Remove the dough from the bowl and kneed on a clean surface until the dough comes together. Form into a disk, cut in half, wrap in plastic wrap, and store in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When your dough is chilled roll it out on a clean surface, about 1/4-1/2 inch thick and cut 3 inch circles. (I got 6 circles from each half of dough.)
- Pair all your dough rounds and top one half with 1 heaping tablespoon of berry jam.. Wet the edges of the dough with a little water and carefully place other disk of dough on top. With your finger lightly run it along the jam circle, making sure to get all the air out of the center.
- Crimp each pies edges with a fork and place onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Place back into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Poke each pie with 3 times with a fork so the steam can escape, bast each pie with some melted vegan butter and bake for 20-25 minutes or until pies are golden brown around the edges.
- While your pies are cooling make your glaze by mixing the ingredients until smooth yet thick. Drizzle each pie with glaze and lastly top with fresh grated orange zest; Let the icing dry completely before serving.