Gingerbread is a Christmas classic, so we gathered 15 fantastic gingerbread recipes from the Food Monster App for you to try this holiday season! You might only associate it with cookies, but the term gingerbread refers to any kind of baked good flavored with the warming spices of ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, usually with the addition of molasses. Here we have plenty of unique gingerbread cookie recipes, but we also have cake, donuts, and even whoopie pies! If you’re looking for unique gingerbread recipes with classic flavors, you will find the perfect one to try out.
1. Gingerbread Loaf
Source: Gingerbread Loaf
This Gingerbread Loaf by Kennedy Kitchings is the perfect thing to make when you’re looking for something warm and cozy! It’s perfectly spicy and sweet, too.
2. Frosted Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal
Source: Frosted Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal
This Frosted Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal by Kat Condon tastes just like a gingerbread oatmeal cookie! Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan, this oatmeal bake is ready to eat in less than 15 minutes.
3. Soft, Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
Source: Soft, Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
These Gingerbread Cookies by Wendy Irene are soft, chewy, delectable, and even gluten-free! The vegan gingerbread cookies taste what Christmas should taste like, and I’m certain you’ll be singing in no time too while you bake and enjoy these with your loved ones. Sending giant gingerbread hugs and smiles your way!
Winter Cookbook: Heartwarming Plant-Based Recipes for the Cooler Months
As the seasons change and the weather gets chillier, there is truly nothing better than spending time in the kitchen with loved ones while cooking up cozy, soul-warming, home-cooked plant-based meals. This vegan winter cookbook includes 75 stunning vegan recipes with amazing photos! With this cookbook, you’ll find countless comforting recipes to inspire you and help you make the most of winter’s abundant variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables! This cookbook features warm and comforting plant-based recipes like Pasta with Creamy Chestnut Pesto and Mushroom Bisque With Cashew Cream, festive sweets like Glazed Cinnamon Bun Cookies and Caramel Topped Gingersnap Brownies, and Roasted Winter Vegetable Bowls with Couscous, Romesco Sauce, and Tahini Drizzle, this cookbook offers everything you need to create a stunning winter spread!
4. Double Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
Source: Double Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
These Double Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies by Danielle Dewar are the holiday cookies you’ve been looking for. They’re allergy-friendly and super flavorful! Chocolate and ginger are a match made in heaven. This cookie is proof. Make them for your holiday party to impress all of your guests. Make sure to make an extra batch to store just for yourself (you won’t want to share!) These chocolate gingerbread cookies are fantastic!
5. Sticky Gingerbread Cake With Drizzle
Source: Sticky Gingerbread Cake With Drizzle
Deep flavors of ginger, nutmeg, and molasses are whipped up to make this fluffy cake, before being topped with a sweet, sticky orange and lemon icing. Spicy, rich, and indulgent- perfect for the holidays! You’ll find that this Sticky Gingerbread Cake by Katy Beskow has layers of flavors, making it the perfect festive treat served with mulled wine or even a cup of tea!
6. Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies by Christina Bedetta combine the best qualities of classic gingerbread cookies with traditional chocolate chip. They are soft, chewy, super flavorful, and cozy- perfect with a warm mug of hot chocolate!
7. Gingerbread Cookie Bars
Source: Gingerbread Cookie Bars
These Gingerbread Cookie Bars by Michele Elizabeth are soft and chewy in the center with a crispy chewy crust, vegan and only require 1 bowl to make! Call it a cookie, bar, or pie it doesn’t matter because they all could describe this perfectly and it’s oh-so-yum and I know you are going to love it! This would also be a perfect dessert to take along to a gathering with family and friends if you have anything you need to prepare a sweet treat for this coming season!
8. Gingerbread House
Source: Gingerbread House
Bring some Christmas magic to your home with this classic Vegan Gingerbread House by Fabio Gallo. This festive Gingerbread House is made out of gingerbread cookies and vegan aquafaba royal icing.
9. Gingerbread Tiramisu
Source: Gingerbread Tiramisu
Tiramisu is traditionally made with mascarpone, sponge cake ladyfingers, coffee, and alcohol. Of course, you can make a vegan version of the traditional Italian dessert but this recipe has some serious flavor changes! Not only have the dairy products been vastly improved with whole foods like cashews and coconut cream, but the strong coffee flavors have been replaced with Christmassy gingerbread spices and the raw “ladyfinger” layers have been soaked in fragrant chai tea. Try this Gingerbread Tiramisu by Rosie Newton and Dillon Sivyour!
10. Gingerbread Christmas Cookies
Source: Gingerbread Christmas Cookies
These traditional Gingerbread Christmas Cookies by Gemma Gonzalez are thin, crispy, and spicy! Have fun and get creative with cutting them into whatever shape your heart desires and decorating them with icing!
11. Gingerbread Man Doughnuts
Source: Gingerbread Man Doughnuts
What’s better than an ordinary doughnut?…..a Gingerbread Man Doughnut by Holly Jade of course! These doughnuts are shaped like gingerbread men, filled with a delicious gingerbread custard filling, and rolled in golden caster sugar- YUM! They’re perfect for Christmas baking with the family!
12. Pumpkin Pie with Gingerbread Cookies
Source: Pumpkin Pie with Gingerbread Cookies
Heading into the December holiday season but still craving those classic fall flavors? There’s nothing better than those classic warm spices. Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves. Paired with brown sugar, molasses, and pumpkin. And with gingerbread cookies! What could be better? This Pumpkin Pie with Gingerbread Cookies by Jessica Bose has it all!
13. Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Pumpkin Creme
Source: Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Pumpkin Creme
These autumnal Gingerbread Whoopie Pies by Larice Feuerstein feature soft, moist yet fluffy, gingerbread cookies, with a pumpkin cream cheese filling. They are also gluten-free and vegan. The creme is made from blended cashews, a little pumpkin puree, spices, and a bit of lemon juice for a luscious filling you’re going to want to pile on. The entire cookie is like a soft, pillowy bite of gingerbread and pumpkin heaven.
14. Gingerbread Maple Cake
Source: Gingerbread Maple Cake
Gingerbread & maple cake with a whipped cream cheese frosting, topped with a dash of ground ginger, chopped nuts, mini gingerbread men, and maple syrup. A delicious dish, which is warming and full of flavor! Autumn and wintertime is the perfect time to enjoy this Gingerbread Maple Cake by Holly Jade! The cake is moist, fluffy, perfectly sweet, and extremely mouth-watering. It’s quick and easy to make and 100% vegan!!!
15. Gingerbread Cake
Source: Gingerbread Cake
This Gingerbread Cake by Gretchen Price is moist, yummy, and full of the perfect blend of autumn spices. We also recommend pairing it with this delicious pumpkin mousse (linked in the ingredients list) to top the cake. You will not be able to get enough!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!