Gingerbread & maple cake with a whipped cream cheese frosting, topped with a dash of ground ginger, chopped nuts, mini gingerbread men and maple syrup. A delicious dish, which is warming and full of flavor! Autumn time is the perfect time to enjoy all things cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger & maple! The cake is moist, fluffy, perfectly sweet and extremely mouth-watering. It's quick and easy to make and 100% vegan!!!
Gingerbread Maple Cake [Vegan]
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 of self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cup of golden caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup of coconut oil (melted)
Cream Cheese Topping
- 1 1/4 cup of dairy-free butter
- 2 tablespoons of dairy-free cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of dairy-free milk
- Preheat your oven to 360°F and line one 9 inch cake tin with grease-proof paper.
- In a bowl, combine the almond milk with the apple cider vinegar and whisk until fully combined. Set aside for 10 minutes to curdle. This creates a vegan 'buttermilk'.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, ground ginger and ground nutmeg.
- Mix well to combine.
- Add the melted coconut oil into the 'buttermilk' and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.