These double chocolate gingerbread cookies are the holiday cookies you've been looking for. They're allergy-friendly and super flavorful! Chocolate and ginger are a match made in heaven. This cookie is proof. Make them for your holiday party to impress all of your guests. Make sure to make an extra batch to store just for yourself (you won't want to share!) These chocolate gingerbread cookies are fantastic!
Double Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 ripe banana
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 heaping tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup quinoa flour or rice flour
- Stevia (a sachet or several drops of stevia concentrate) (or use more coconut sugar)
- 4-5 tablespoons liquid sweetener (honey or agave or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Good pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add banana, cacao, olive oil, coconut oil, coconut sugar, salt and spices, liquid sweetener to a mixing bowl.
- Mash together until the banana is well mashed, then whisk mixture for a couple of minutes. Add the baking powder, baking soda and vinegar a whisk to incorporate. Stir in the flours until well mixed.
- Stir in about 1/4 cup of hot water to thin to a thick cake or brownie batter consistency. Stir in chocolate chips. Taste the cookie dough (if you are ok with that) to test its sweetness. Add more flour if too sweet, or more coconut sugar if not sweet enough, mixing well.
- Using a large spoon, drop spoonfuls of the batter on parchment lined baking sheets, ensuring an inch around each so the cookies can spread as they bake. Bake in 350°F for 10-11 minutes, rotating your trays half way through for best results. They are done when the bottoms are brown and the tops are soft but not too soft. These can burn easily so take them out on time. Cool and enjoy.