Bring some Christmas magic to your home with this classic Vegan Gingerbread House. This festive Gingerbread House is made out of gingerbread cookies and vegan aquafaba royal icing.
Gingerbread House [Vegan]
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground nutmeg & cloves
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- For the vegan royal icing (1 serving):
- 3 tablespoons of aquafaba
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups icing sugar
- In a very large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and all the spices.
- In another bowl whisk together oil and sugar for about 3 minutes. Add molasses, soy milk and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour mix to the wet ingredients. Mix until a stiff dough is formed.
- Flatten the dough into a two disks, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for an hour or up to 3 days in advance. If you chill longer than an hour you may want to let it sit for 10 minutes to warm up a bit before proceeding.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease your cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface or on a sheet of parchment paper roll the dough out to a little less than 1/4 inch thick. Cut out your shapes with a pizza cutter and use a thin spatula to gently place on cookie sheets. Chill the in the fridge for 15 minutes before baking for about 10 minutes.
- Vegan Royal Icing: For the icing beat the chickpea brine with a hand mixer until fluffy, gradually add the icing sugar until you have a thick and glossy vegan royal icing.