Cider is one of the best drinks to enjoy during the holidays. Apples are in season during the Fall which leads to a surplus of apples to use for delicious products like cider! Some grocery chains don’t even sell apple cider, sparkling or not, until the holiday season rolls around. So you must take advantage of that during this time of year and not only drink cider but also get very creative with it and use it in recipes! We’ve got 10 delicious cider drinks and desserts from the Food Monster App we think you should try this holiday season!
1. Mulled Rose Cranberry Pear Cider
Source: Mulled Rose Cranberry Pear Cider
This Mulled Rose Cranberry Pear Cider by Claire Ragozzino is full of flavors that complement each other beautifully and warm you in wintertime. You will not believe how simple it is to make! Give it a go!
2. Maple Cider Cookies
Source: Maple Cider Cookies
While most people may find these Maple Cider Cookies by Ashley Flitter to be a little less sweet than expected for a cookie, we find them to be the perfect after-dinner treat. The maple sugar adds a smokey note, while the cider gives them a bit of tang. If you love oatmeal, then you’ll dig these cookies. Also, these are healthy enough to eat for breakfast – so you know – cookies for breakfast – yay!
Blissful: Vegan Dessert Cookbook!
Looking for new desserts to try out? Well, you’re in luck! One Green Planet’s vegan dessert cookbook is perfect for all dietary needs, occasions, ages, preferences, and skill levels! Blissful: Vegan Desserts and Treats to Feel Good and Live Deliciously proves just how flavorful, satisfying, and easy to make vegan food can be. Inside you’ll find a collection of 100 scrumptious desserts for every skill level and taste. It features rich chocolatey desserts like Cake Batter Freezer Fudge and Chocolate Layer Cake With Espresso Buttercream and Rich Ganache, to light and healthy recipes like Lemon Coconut Squares and PB&J Nice Cream Bowls. There is something for everybody in this book, and is guaranteed to satisfy vegans and non-vegans alike!
3. Apple Cider Moscow Mule
Source: Apple Cider Moscow Mule
4. Apple Cider Cookies
Source: Apple Cider Cookies
5. Apple Cider Donuts
Source: Apple Cider Donuts
With just one bowl, this Apple Cider Donut recipe by Michele Elizabeth is so simple but so delicious. The texture is so light and airy like a cake but with a nice texture crunch from the sugar coating they are rolled in. Give them a go!
6. Apple Cider Cake With Whipped Cream
Is apple cider your favorite drink? Whether it is or isn’t, you are bound to love this Apple Cider Cake With Whipped Cream by Petra Vogel. It is so moist and full of delicious apple flavor. The perfect fall cake and dessert!
7. Spiced and Spiked Apple Cider
Source: Spiced and Spiked Apple Cider
As it gets cooler outside, warm up with this delicious and comforting Spiced and Spiked Apple Cider by Dawn Kriss with a little bit of an edge! Make a big batch for your holiday gathering, or just enough for a cozy evening at home.
8. Apple Cider Donut Holes
Source: Apple Cider Donut Holes
This recipe by Gabrielle St. Claire for Apple Cider Donut Holes is great because it involves minimal ingredients, is effortless, and you can make donut holes in bulk – plus they’re delicious. These apple cider donut holes are the perfect sweet treat because they don’t have too much sugar and they look impressive. These tasty bite-sized morsels also make great gifts.
9. Chaga Cider
Source: Chaga Cider
Everybody is getting on the Chaga mushroom train and with good reason – Chaga is pretty magic. This little mushroom is prized for its medicinal capabilities and this Chaga Cider by Christine DesRoches is the perfect way to take your medicine. The cinnamon, vanilla, and apple flavors mix seamlessly to make a tasty, healthy beverage.
10. Apple Cider Protein Doughnuts
Source: Apple Cider Protein Doughnuts
These spiced Apple Cider Protein Doughnuts by Robin Runner are springy in texture — the perfect balance between dense and light. They’re moist from the apple cider vinegar and they get their additional sweetness from vanilla protein powder, coconut sugar, and an optional topping of cinnamon sugar. Don’t wait until after a workout to grab a bite of one of these because they make a great breakfast.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.