With just one bowl, this donut recipe is so simple but so delicious. The texture is so light and air like a cake but with a nice texture crunch from the sugar coating they are rolled in. Give them a go!
Apple Cider Donuts [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain apple sauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegan cane sugar
- 2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter and melt in the microwave, then add in the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix.
- Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray and scoop batter into each donut tray, bake for 17 minutes and remove and let cool completely before trying to remove them!
- In a small bowl add the cinnamon and sugar, gently dip each donut in the mixture and get it all coated!