Everybody is getting on the Chaga mushroom train and with good reason – Chaga is pretty magic. This little mushroom is prized for its medicinal capabilities and this cider is the perfect way to take your medicine. The cinnamon, vanilla, and apple flavors mix together seamlessly to make a tasty, healthy beverage.
Chaga Cider [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chaga Cider [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/3 cup Chaga mushroom chunks, tea-cut
- 1 liter apple cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 vanilla bean
How to Prepare Chaga Cider [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Use a sharp knife to gently cut a slit in the vanilla bean, to expose the seeds.
- Add the Chaga, apple cider, cinnamon stick, and vanilla bean to a pot and turn the heat to medium.
- Allow the cider to come to a gentle simmer. Once simmering, infuse the cider for a minimum of 15 minutes. The cider will reduce slightly as it simmers.
- Pour the cider through a fine-mesh sieve to strain out the Chaga chunks, cinnamon stick, and vanilla bean. Serve the cider hot, or allow to cool to store in the fridge. Reheat cider gently over low heat to serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.