Low-carb eating is a popular type of lifestyle that was first designed to manage blood sugar and aid in weight loss, though many people find it also helps with digestion, diabetes management, and maintaining a healthy weight (even if not trying to lose weight). It’s also been shown to provide some brain-boosting benefits, due the higher amounts of healthy fats and proteins that aid in neurotransmitter and hormone function. The key is to not go no carb, but choose real, whole foods that have little effect on the glycemic index. Low-carb eating is also an easy way to ensure you get enough protein, healthy fats, and non-starchy vegetables into your diet. The good news is, a low carb plan can all be done without one bit of animal products or processed low-carb products. It’s also a great way to cut added and refined sugars and refined/processed grains out of the diet that have been linked to diabetes.
Focus foods include dark green leafy veggies, non-starchy veggies, high protein seeds, nuts, beans and legumes, low glycemic fruits such as tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini, pumpkin, berries, green apples, and citrus fruits. If enjoy specialty foods like superfoods and unsweetened non-dairy milk or yogurts, those are also fantastic to eat as well.
Enjoy our low-carb eating plan if you’re looking to lower your blood sugar, lose some weight, or possibly reduce some digestive upset associated with gluten, sugar, or sugary, starchy foods.
1. Cacao Maca Energizing Smoothie
2. Raw Avocado and Cacao Smoothie Shake
3. Raw Vegan Superfood Chocolate
4. Cashew Coconut Cream Cheese (Serve with raw veggies or with Raw Flax and Chia Seed Crackers.)
5. Super Flax Green Bean Fries
6. Healthy Chocolate Avocado Fudge (use raw cacao nibs in place of dark chocolate)
7. Raw Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
See more sweet snack recipes here and more savory snack recipes here.
1. Raw Chocolate Raspberry Cups
2. Single Serving Peanut Butter Cake
3. Chocolate Strawberry Almond Butter Protein Smoothie
5. Sugar-Free Vegan Pumpkin Pie
6. All for One Cinnamon Swirl Bread (Sugar and Grain-Free)
7. The World’s Healthiest Vanilla Milkshake
These are super! Thank you xx will make them all!! :-)
iim wanting to make a fresh peach cobbler vegan low carb…very confusing…some recipes have so much special stuff i use almond and coconut flour. no eggs, soy milk sugar sub dont want to go buy flax see right now…guess i will in future…did buy egg replacer but never used it. Got any ideas? Been low carb for 4 yrs ..just started vegan 1 mo. Thanks so much!