Wanna try a new way to eat your tofu? These burgers are ready in 20 minutes, including the preparation time. They look and taste wonderful and are a great source of complete protein. The dressing is universal: delicious with all sort of vegan burgers, as a dip for steamed or raw vegetables or as a salad flavoring.
Tofu Burgers With Tahini Dressing [Vegan]
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp mixed bean sprouts
- 200 g tofu (firm)
- 2-3 pieces sun-dried tomato
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1-2 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- Parsley (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tbsp Tahini paste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp Cassis
- 1 tsp Shoyu or Tamari
- 2-4 tbsp water
- Chop the onion, garlic and carrot and saute briefly together with the sprouts until soft.
- Puree them shortly in a blender or a food processor together with the tofu, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley (optional).
- Add the rice flour and salt and pepper to taste, mix well.
- Either with the help of two tablespoons or with your hands form 6 burgers and roll them in the hemp seeds (optional).
- Heat the oil in the frying pan. Bake the burgers over medium heat on both sides until golden-brown.
- Make the tahini dressing by whisking all the ingredients but water. Add water as gradually until you reach the consistency you wish.
- Serve the burgers with the dressing and a green salad.