This nutrient-packed vegan spinach quiche is a delicious way to amp up your greens. Tofu gives this quiche its quiche-like texture and a good amount of protein. Add in lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and a bunch of other seasonings for a cheesy and flavorful quiche base. The spinach and peppers are great fillings, but feel free to use whatever you’d like! The base on its own is enough to make sure the final result will be tasty. This vegan spinach quiche is super healthy, too. In addition to the protein and greens, nutritional yeast is rich in B complex vitamins, especially B12, essential amino acids and trace minerals, all necessary for healthy nerve function and energy production. This eggless quiche will surprise and delight you, not to mention nourish you! The good news about this vegan spinach quiche recipe is that it takes only a few minutes to whip up. No crust necessary. It is great for brunch or even those nights when you want breakfast for dinner!
Easy Spinach and Pepper Quiche [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Easy Spinach and Pepper Quiche [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 pound gluten-free extra-firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
How to Prepare Easy Spinach and Pepper Quiche [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a shallow 9-inch pie dish and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients, except spinach and pepper, in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Stop to break up chunks and scrape the sides as necessary.
- In a bowl, mix chopped spinach and pepper.
- Add the batter and mix well.
- Transfer batter to pie dish.
- Using a spatula, spread the mixture around so it's even and tight.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, until golden and the center is not still mushy.
- Allow to cool at least 10 minutes before slicing (luke-warm or room temperature is best for slicing).
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 709 | Total Carbs: 61 g | Total Fat: 24 g | Total Protein: 56 g | Total Sodium: 664 mg | Total Sugar: 6 g Per Serving: Calories: 118 | Carbs: 10 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 9 g | Sodium: 111 mg | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.