I now give you a superfood salad that will provide you with plenty of energy and all the nutrients required for healthy brain function. As it turns out, this recipe is also excellent for a calcium-rich diet. Purple sprouting broccoli is in season and a perfect addition to a winter vegetable plate. The vegetable provides many benefits, including Vitamin A and C, iron, fiber, and calcium. If you can't find purple sprouting broccoli, no problem, replace them with regular broccoli.
Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Chickpeas, Kale, Sprouts, and Seeds [Vegan]
3 - 4
- 1/2 cup kale washed
- 3/4 cup purple sprouting broccoli
- 1/4 cup alfalfa and broccoli sprouts
- 3-4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3-4 tablespoons hummus
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- Steam the kale and purple sprouting broccoli. This will not only make them tender but also remove some of the bitterness.
- Toss all ingredients together, coat in the hummus, and serve immediately.