This superfood salad will provide you with plenty of energy and all the nutrients required for healthy brain function. As it turns out, this recipe is also excellent for a calcium-rich diet. Purple sprouting broccoli is in season and a perfect addition to a winter vegetable plate. The vegetable provides many benefits, including Vitamin A and C, iron, fiber, and calcium. If you can't find purple sprouting broccoli, no problem, replace them with regular broccoli. Whatever you decide, you have to try this superfood salad––it's healthy and delicious!
Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Chickpeas, Kale, Sprouts, and Seeds [Vegan]
3 - 4
- 1/2 cup kale washed
- 3/4 cup purple sprouting broccoli
- 1/4 cup alfalfa and broccoli sprouts
- 3-4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3-4 tablespoons hummus
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- Steam the kale and purple sprouting broccoli. This will not only make them tender but also remove some of the bitterness.
- Toss all ingredients together, coat in the hummus, and serve immediately.