The ingredients in this raw chocolate are pretty spectacular in their nutritional profiles. We've got spirulina, maca, reishi mushroom, goji berries, and obviously cacao, all great superfoods! Spirulina has a whackload of protein, iron, calcium, and amino acids. It is great for keeping your bones and muscles strong and detoxifying the body. Maca is rich in B12, manganese, calcium, iron, and potassium and works to balance hormones and give sustained energy. Reishi mushrooms are often used to strengthen the immune system and fight free radials (cancer-causing cells). Goji berries have an insane amount of antioxidants and protein and can be used medicinally to treat disease. Cacao has a ton of iron, magnesium, antioxidants, and fiber. All these plants have been used for centuries by wise civilizations looking for long term wellness and strength. In today's world, they are available in nutrient-dense, gently processed powder forms which you can mix together with your sweetener of choice and cacao butter or coconut oil (both superfoods in themselves)... and you wind up with the best chocolate in the world. Bam.
Raw Superfood Chocolate [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon spirulina powder
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon reishi mushroom powder
- 1 teaspoon goji berry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of Himalayan pink crystal salt
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut nectar or other sweetener
- Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth but still liquid. If it's too thick, add more coconut nectar or melted cacao butter.
- Taste it and make sure you are in love, otherwise adjust it to your desires.
- Pour into chocolate molds or onto parchment paper and set in the fridge for an hour or two, until solid.