What's healthier than kale and squash? Putting these two vegetables together for an amazing, fast combination that will satisfy your growling stomach.
Russian Kale and Roasted Squash Noodles [Vegan]
- 1/3 medium butternut squash
- large handful of Russian kale (or other greens)
- 1/2 leek
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 thumbsized piece of ginger
- 2 portions udon noodles
- soy sauce
- sushi vinegar
- sesame oil
- sunflower oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius/350 fahrenheit. Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Cube the squash and bake in the oven with a little sunflower and salt for 30mins or until soft.
- Halve the leek and finely slice. Heat a little sunflower oil in a pan and lightly fry the leek until soft.
- Mince the garlic and ginger together and add to pan. Fry for a few minutes before adding the kale.
- Wash and slice the kale, disposing of any hard stalks, and add to pan. Season with a pinch of gomasio, splash of sesame oil, soy sauce and sushi vinegar. Cook until it begins to wilt.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet, reserve a little liquid, drain (and rinse if desired) and add to pan along with the cooked butternut squash. Gently combine, adding some reserved cooking liquid if necessary.
- Season with soya sauce and serve. Finish with a final sprinkling of gomasio – I am currently obsessed with this stuff.