Getting tired of the same old kale salad? Mix it up by adding this creamy avocado dressing on top of even more avocado to make this delicious Avocado Kale Chili Salad. Because who are we kidding? Avocado never gets old. Massaging with avocado also makes the kale less bitter! Spicy freshly-sliced chilis and the added crunch of slivered almonds take this avocado kale salad to the next level. It’s everything you could ever want in a salad!
Avocado Kale Chili Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Avocado Kale Chili Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Salad:
- 1 bunch kale (Tuscan kale or curly leafed scots kale), stems removed
- 1 1/2 avocados chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- Sliced red chili, to taste
- Coriander, to taste
For the Dressing:
- 1 avocado
- 6 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coriander, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slivered almonds, for garnish
- Red chili sliced, for garnish
How to Prepare Avocado Kale Chili Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Salad:
- Remove stem from kale, wash and chop coarsely, place into mixing bowl
- Grind salt and pepper through kale and let sit for about 10 minutes to enhance flavor
- Add chopped avocado, red onion, cucumber, red chilies, and coriander toss gently through salad
To Make the Dressing:
- Place ingredients into vitamix and blend on high speed for about 1 minute
- Toss dressing gently through salad
- Garnish with flaked almonds, red chili sliced, salt and pepper to taste.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1447 | Total Carbs: 88 g | Total Fat: 109 g | Total Protein: 40 g | Total Sodium: 10 g | Total Sugar: 7 g Per Serving: Calories: 362 | Carbs: 22 g | Fat: 27 g | Protein: 10 g | Sodium: 3 mg | Sugar: 2 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.